Our cabin-based trips offer a home-style Yukon welcome and dogsledding instruction. You start at the basics and progress at your own rate. This trip is fun for beginners and those who have already been mushing. You learn how to harness the dogs and drive a dogsled as well as how to be a good partner to your dogs. You will travel by dog team through beautiful wilderness in the days and return home each night to your cabin in the woods.
- Wilderness location. There is no road to our wilderness homestead, so guests arrive and leave by dog team or snow machine across Lake Laberge.
- Off-grid wilderness lifestyle. Lighting comes from 12 V batteries, generator, or candlelight. Wash water is hauled from the creek and heated in cabins. Cold drinking water comes from a well. Toilet facilities are outhouses: an opportunity to look for northern lights.
- Excellent location for viewing night sky and northern lights if they are out.
- Trips personally guided by family members.
- 34 years living year-round in the wilderness, 30+ years guiding dogsled trips, thousands of miles travelled by dog team, while guiding, racing, or hauling supplies to our wilderness home.
- Hands-on dogsledding experience. Learn to drive a dog team and be a good partner to your dogs. Detailed instruction on steering your dog sled and handling your dogs.
- Trips tailored to individual fitness levels.