This trip allows you to explore the beautiful Lake Laberge area by foot, boat, and canoe. It is also a chance to spend time with sled dogs during the summer season. Our unique wilderness location is off road and off grid. We return most nights to our wilderness cabins. Overnight backpacking or canoe campouts are optional add-ons.
- Hike through the wilderness with canine companions – our sled dogs. On day hikes, the dogs join us for fun and exercise and one or two will carry backpacks with the lunch.
- Return each night to our home cabins at our wilderness homestead and sled dog kennel.
- Our wilderness homestead is off road and off grid, so you get here either by boat or by canoe.
- Optional add-on: an overnight backpacking trip supported by pack dogs. The dogs carry the food and tents, so you just need to carry your personal items.
- Other activities available during the week include canoeing along the beautiful shoreline of Lake Laberge or boating to the island or to points of historical interest in the area.
- Spectacular scenery of the lake and mountains and forests.
- Trips personally guided by our family. We have been guiding backpacking trips with pack dogs since the 1990's and living year-round in the Yukon wilderness since 1983.